You guys, I have no idea what’s gong on! The last two times I attempted to make Brownies have ended in utter disaster, and by that I mean undercooked or otherwise inedible brownies, yuck. That’s just bad. But I think there is a way to redeem myself. Maybe if I reverse direction and make the best ever Blondies, I can successfully make a return to the dark side.
Best Ever Peanut Butter Blondies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and light brown sugar. Mix thoroughly. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the peanut butter and make sure all of the wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Add batter to the baking pan and spread out evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.